Sabbath Life is an ecumenical invitation to pastors and ministry professionals to embody a way of life grounded in the practice of Sabbath, setting aside a time and space for renewal and rejuvenation.
For clergy, contemplative space can be hard to come by. The demands of an ‘always on’ ministry can be daunting and exhausting. Many clergy suffer from burnout and caregiving fatigue during their ministries.
Sabbath Life works to counter that exhaustion by offering space to ministry professionals for delight, rest, community connection, and worship. We meet together monthly in small cohorts of 10-12, to renew our rootedness in the creation and in the community around the table, through the spiritual practice of:
• work in the garden,
• worship, Holy Communion, and eating together faithfully,
• shared silence and rest,
• reflection together and prayer.
A Taste of Sabbath Life – Fall 2017
We invite you to join us for a day in Fall 2017 to experience the Sabbath Life program as you consider participating in 2018:
• Monday, October 30, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Thunder Mountain, Efland, NC
• Monday, November 6, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Dinner Bell Farm, Snow Camp, NC
• Monday, December 4, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Thunder Mountain, Efland, NC
A Taste of Sabbath Life experience is limited to 12 people. Sign up by clicking the link below. Fresh, local lunch is included.
Cost: $20 (lunch included)
Registration: follow this link to register