This second annual event will be held Saturday, August 13, 2016 at the popular Indian Valley Golf Course in Burlington, N.C.
Check-in starts at 9:00 am with a shotgun start at 10:00 am.
The cost for this event is only $50. This price includes entry into all events, 18 holes of golf, riding cart, lunch, and more!
Hole sponsorships are $100.00. Those gifts and event entry fees help the MO/MHC Alumni Association support the many important programs of Methodist Home for Children. See for yourself all the fabulous work this ministry does in North Carolina: www.mhfc.org
See attached for flyers and registration applications and information.
Why we play:
On this day, Methodist Home for Children will serve:
- 80 foster children who’ve been abused, neglected and/or suffer from mental illness.
- 15 eventually will be adopted by MHC foster families.
- 35 teens who’ve committed crimes and want to correct their problem behaviors, get back in school and find jobs.
- 70 juvenile offenders, many of them victims of neglect or abuse, who need a safe, structured and treatment-oriented home environment while they get their lives back on track.
- Most eventually will live with a family member.
- 11 eventually will live independently of their family.
- 15 families at risk of losing their children due to abuse and neglect.
- 155 preschoolers at the Jordan Center in blended classrooms.
- 50% receive financial assistance.
- 25% have diagnosed disabilities.
- an additional 15% are at risk for school failure.
- 12 dually diagnosed children who need residential and day treatment for mental illness and developmental disabilities.
- 23 students receiving scholarships and mentoring to meet their higher education goals.
- 3 human services agencies receiving MHC training and consultation to improve service delivery.