The “12 Steps To Success” process was developed based on best practices and lessons learned during the NC Conference’s C4C Pilot Phase. It is designed to set churches up for success and also help them to avoid common missteps related to the development and ongoing leadership of a church/school partnership. This course will give you helpful tools and techniques to prepare you to begin a school partnership or to build on what you are already doing. This is a tuition free, conference approved, Lay Servant Ministries Advanced Course. The instructor will be NC conference C4C Point Person, Pat Litzinger. Lunch and course materials will be provided. See registration instructions below.
- Overview of origins, focus and vision of C4C
- Examination of the poverty situation in NC
- Biblical and Methodist foundations related to C4C and ministry to the poor
- How to assess and build interest and commitment in the congregation before beginning the partnership development process
- How to conduct a “needs assessment visit” with the school principal to build rapport and assess the highest priority poverty related needs of the school
- Suggestions for how to effectively communicate the seriousness of the child poverty issue and specific needs of the school to your congregation
- Tips for recruiting and organizing members of your congregation into a C4C team.
- How to effectively create a focused and sustainable partnership plan (will include examine the various support services that your church might provide to the school)
- Selecting and training your church’s Local Church C4C Coordinator
- AND MUCH MORE!